PERSONAL TRAINER PRACTICE TEST
What is a personal trainer?
Personal trainers are experts in fitness training and work with customers to reach their exercise and wellness goals.
What does a personal trainer do?
Personal trainers assess their customers’ bodily strengths and weaknesses and create customized workout plans. They provide physical and mental guidance and monitor customers’ progress on a regular basis. They also make sure that customers don’t get injured while training. Personal trainers can work with individuals or in small groups.
Personal trainer duties include:
· Evaluating customers’ physical needs
· Assigning appropriate exercise activities
· Track customers’ fitness progress
If you’re looking for candidates with expertise in specific sports or fitness training styles (e.g. aerobic exercise, lifts, cross-training), make sure to clarify your requirements when crafting the personal trainer job description for your fitness center.
On a daily basis, you’ll carry out various tasks, starting from assessing your clients’ physical condition and creating unique workout routines for them. You’ll explain the exercises in a clear and efficient way, while demonstrating how to use the training equipment safely, to avoid injuries.
If you are enthusiastic about the world of fitness and want to make an impact on this field, let’s meet.
· Evaluate clients’ fitness levels and health conditions
· Build individualized exercise programs
· Explain exercises in detail and suggest alternatives if needed
· Monitor progress of clients’ fitness levels
· Explain safe and proper use of gym equipment
· Lead both individual and group training sessions
· Research on new exercise techniques and trends
· Promote the gym’s fitness packages and plans
· Perform CPR and administer first aid in case of emergencies
· Inform clients about on gym safety and hygiene guidelines
· Build a positive and trusting relationship with customers
· Advise customers on how to change nutritional and lifestyle habits as needed
· Previous experience as a personal trainer or relevant role
· Knowledge of various fitness programs, from basic exercises to more challenging training sessions
· Ability to guide and motivate clients
· Available to work flexible hours
· Excellent communication skills
· Certificates in CPR and first aid
High School Diploma; a degree in Kinesiology or Sports Science is a plus